Saturday, February 27, 2010

Birds of a Feather

For the first time since high school....I have friends!! I have friends that do stuff with me on an almost nightly basis. Which is a big difference from what my life used to be. I used to just go to work. That was it. No other social life whatsoever. On Friday and Saturday nights I would stay home with my family and just chill.

But not with these friends. We watch a lot of F.R.I.E.N.D.S and we eat a lot of food. We LOVE the movie What Happens In Vegas. We go to all our church stuff during the week with each other. And we're planning a week long trip to Cali this summer.

We seriously are becoming best friends....if we're not already to that status yet. This is how it all began.
In January of this year my friend Britney agreed to come to my singles ward with me. So she comes that first day and it turns out that another one of our friends, Hayley, was there as well. AND Whitney, a friend from college that happened to be in my home ward.

SO. After church we had something called a new member meeting. Britney dragged me along because she didn't want to go alone. So there I was, sitting at the end of a row with Hayley, Whitney, and Britney and lo and behold, Danielle walks in the room!

The meeting starts and we're just chillin, waiting for the meeting to be over. You know those meetings where they have to go around to every single person in the room and have them introduce themselves? Yeah...that was definitely this meeting. Usually I just tune people out, cuz I really don't care. (Sorry...but really?? Every person in that room?) But turns out there were two brand new return missionaries sitting at the back of the room. Found out...their names were Peter and Nick.

And the rest is history.

So.....we became Hayley, Britney, Whitney, Ashley, And Danielley (with Peter and Nick.)

I can't imagine my life without these people....especially these amazing girls. They change my life every day. They make me feel wanted and loved. They help me be a better person and to care again.

And we like to party.

No comments: