Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rout

It is no secret that I love soccer. Namely, Real Salt Lake soccer. Love it as in, would have season tickets if I had the money, paint my face crazy colors, swear at the opposing team when they do an illegal tackle, know all the chants and names of the players, and have a jersey with my name on the back love it. I'm also almost 83.7% positive that I bleed Claret and Cobalt.

The next thing I say should come as no shock.

I made a 2012 MLS fantasy soccer team. It's a good thing they put a cap on how many players you can have from one team (it's 3 by the way). I would have chosen mostly RSL players.

As for favorite players. WELL. They go and get rid of Andy Williams. AND Robbie Russell.

Soo...I think it's a three way tie between...

Nat Borchers,


Jamison "The Verb" Olave,


(Oh. I saw on the MLS website that the two aforementioned are the best D tandem in the MLS)


and Chris Wingert.

If we're going on looks alone, Wingert. I mean, come on.

Let's just say, ALL of them played 90 mins in LA's home opener. We trashed them. Which lead me to learn a new word over the weekend. Rout. It's what happened to LA when the scoreboard said 3-1 RSL at 90 minutes. Oh...who were the 2011 Cup Champs? More like Cup CHUMPS.

*Disclaimer*
The below song is very catchy. And awesome. And awesomely catchy.

#believe

Vocab:
tackle=sliding on the ground to try and get the ball away from another team
claret and cobalt=RSL team colors
D=defense
90 minutes=full game of soccer (before stoppage time)
stoppage time=time the 1st official keeps track of during the game for time wasting, injuries, etc.
1st official=the official that runs around in the field with the players
Rout=a sound thrashing

No comments: