Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Forever In My Heart

There's always something that comes from leaving home. So much of the time I can't stand living with my parents. I'm home for even a couple of days and things start going back to what they once were. Being away from home is allowing me to build greater relationships with my little family. My mom and I are closer....in ways that I can't really put a finger on.

And there are times where I think that my brother and I are getting closer in our sibling way.
But going to college and being away from home is allowing me to gain a greater appreciation for my family and everything that they represent.

My family stands for a never ending love. They will be the one constant thing in my life besides my religion. They aren't like roommates that change every semester.

My family consists of loving, caring people that only want the best for me every moment of the day. I may not agree with everything they do or in the way that they do it, but it is all meant in the best way.

I think I am lucky to have been in a family with such a small head count. Everything was always even. We could split a pie or a pizza into equal pieces. There was just as much estrogen as there was testosterone. The little kid stage was over very quickly and we were able to move on to other things and grow together as older children. We were able to appreciate a lot of the same things.

We are now all on the same level. We are all adults. Kyle is still only 17, but he counts whether or not he realizes it. We are all making decisions for ourselves. All of us don't have tiny little ones running around to take care of and worry about. We are at a point in our lives where everything is leveling out. We are getting a break before everything is about to take off....up up and away out of our grasp.

This is a chapter of our lives that is awesome. Because in the next couple of years, Kyle and I will most likely be married and starting our own families. It will be another big, very new experience for all of us. We will be looking to our parents...looking for advice.

And once again....they will always be there. Always.







No comments: