And guess what. Seeing double isn't very fun. Or interesting. Just mostly frustrating.
So....having had glasses since second grade and contacts since eighth, I figured out that seeing double probably wasn't a good thing.
Not good at all, Watson.
Hoping that my vision had just changed drastically, I went to the eye doctor a couple days later. After a full check-up, they didn't see anything wrong. My vision was the same as it had been for the past four years. But I was still seeing double. It wasn't adding up.
Lame.
So they take that rectangular stupid shiny mirror thing and look deep into my dilated eyes for like 10 min. No joke. If I wasn't blind before....I sure was now.
But he still didn't really see anything.
"Let's take some pictures of your eyes" he said. Great. I already know what my eye looks like. Duh.
But no. He takes me to this machine that has this high tech camera hooked up to it and they take pictures of the inside of my eye. After looking at them he explains them to me.
Exhibit A
A normal eye looks like this. The optic nerve central area is the bright white part with a clear line around it defining the circle. The dark circle is also important.....but i don't remember what it is. So just pay attention to the pretty one that looks like the sun. The crazy looking lines are the optic nerves going out from home base to go play for the team. Unfortunately...this is not what my eyes look like at the moment.
Exhibit B
My eyes look more like this. See how home base is smashed....like some car ran over it and it went ka-put? And all the players that are coming out from home base are angry and huge because some jerk came over and put the nice white part out of commission.
Stupid.
(Disclaimer: These are just examples of my eyes. And the color of the eye is different for every person.)
After all this was explained to me, they proceed to tell me that I have extra pressure on my brain and they don't know why.
I never thought I had a big head before now. How wrong I was.....
Anyway, they send in an order for me to go get an MRI the next day to see if I have a brain tumor or anything.
I of course did not want to do this. I hate hospitals. I hate how they're freezing and sterile and smell like a rest home on steroids. I hate the people in the waiting room looking at you like you're getting admitted to jail. The...."so what are you in for" look. You know what I mean.
Come to find out...MRI's are lame, noisy, and you're in a tube tight enough that you think you're in the birthing canal again. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.
And then they have the GALL to stab me with a needle and put stuff in called contrast. So not cool. The guys were nice though. I'm not hatin on the technicians.
After the MRI I just had to wait for them to get back to me. In the meantime my vision was getting worse and it was so not cool. So I asked my dad to get someone to come over and help give me a blessing.
Blessings are amazing. Truly.
The next day we called the eye doctor to see if the results had come in yet. Yes...they had. And NOBODY had called us.
So here's the stitch. I have extra pressure on my brain, but it's idiopathic. Basically, they don't know why it's happening and they don't know why it's causing it. So they can't do anything to treat it.
They also said that it probably won't get any better for 2-3 months.
For now, I see double of everything...and it's progressively getting worse. More-so as the day goes on and I've had my eyes open for a really long time. And I get these insane headaches that are almost on the border of a migraine....but not.
BUT. I get to wear an eye patch whenever I guard or watch a movie.
Only downside is the vulcan-esque lines it leaves on my forehead after I take it off and the limited vision.
It's now way to easy for people to sneak up on me.
Now you know.
And that's.....the rest of the story.


No comments:
Post a Comment