Tuesday, May 4, 2010

You Padawan, Me Jedi

Today was one of those days where the universe really liked me. Usually Tuesdays are filled with work all day and then trying desperately to find something to do to make my life not seem as lame as I know it is.
But, like I said, the universe really liked me for some reason on this particular day.
With my work schedule the way it is, I almost never get a chance to sleep in. I get up at 4 in the morning, three times a week, to open that oh so blessed place that I call my job. And the rest of the six day work week I usually have to be in to work by nine or ten. Yes...even Saturdays.
Today, although, was unusual. I slept in until ten AM! That's right. One triple zero. And I guarantee that the only reason I woke up then was because of the six year old in my front room pounding away on the piano during her lesson. And because of the five or six teenagers in my kitchen making enough noise to wake a bear in hibernation.
I digress.
I also happened to have a wonderful book on my hope chest, that happened to be by one of my favorite authors. The library finally was able to place The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks in my hands and I could barely put it down. Finishing it was almost a tragedy.
Round-abouts noon, I decided it was time to drag my butt out of bed and find something to do. Luckily, my Britney friend liked my idea of going to fly kites at a park. We added a picnic to our kite flying adventure and voila!
So, I grabbed my Transformers and my Dora kites out of my closet and we dashed off to the park. We ate our picnic and made fun of a bird that we couldn't see. And then......


Kites were a flyin'. There is something calming and peaceful in flying a kite. Really, all a kite consists of is some plastic and string. But without a person there at the bottom holding the string...it wouldn't be able to fly. As I was holding the string, I realized that i could almost feel the wind. I felt the string pulling my hand as the wind tried to carry my kite away. We even got to the point where we were lying down on the grass flying our kites. I mean seriously, when you're lying down...you're already looking up.


After some kick butt kite flying, we went to wal-mart to get some eyeliner.
And basically, came out with two fish and a fish tank. Which we promptly named Bingley and Darcy. It suits them perfectly.
Round that up with Avatar and a hair wrap and I'd call that a day to remember.

And I figured out why the universe likes me so much today. It's star wars day.
May the Fourth be with you.

No comments: