Sunday, September 26, 2010

Not A Clown Car

The past couple of nights have been the adventure of a lifetime. Well, maybe not. But they've at least been days of the year.
A couple of friends and I decided that it would be fun to go to a movie on Friday night. But being the really poor college students we all were, we had to go to the dollar movies. Which is a good thing we had to...or else this next thing I'm about to tell you that happened, wouldn't have happened. Get excited.
We were getting into our car after seeing Toy Story 3 (which was good the second time by the way) and as we were climbing into the back of a tiny white honda accord, I glance up at the van in front of us.
Now you know how on the back of vans or suburbans or any other MAV  (Mormon Assault Vehicle) in Utah, they have those little stick figures that represent people in their family and their dogs and cats and pretty much everything else that lives in their houses? Usually...there's about four or five.
But no. This family had TEN. TEN stick figures of just PEOPLE! On a regular size van. There's no way that many people would have fit in there with seat belts all strapped across their torsos.

It was kinda like this...minus the disney...and they were all in a lineup.

Now, the other two people in the car started laughing cuz they thought it was funny. And it was. But I started laughing because of something I remembered from earlier in the day. And oh boy, it was WAY funnier than what they thought was funny.
So me, thinking of this amazingly hilarious thing in my head, starts laughing harder...and Harder...and HARDER! I think it might have also been the part of me who was tired after a very long day of work, school, and searching DI for components of my Halloween costume. And I had just watched Toy Story. That in and of itself would put you in a giggly mood.
I digress...
So my friends in the car think I'm laughing just because of the back of the van. And that combined with my infectious laughter...made them start laughing even harder. And they didn't even know why they were laughing even harder than before. But oh, they were. I still couldn't stop laughing long enough to tell them what I was really laughing about.
I was finally able to pull myself together and blurt out what I was thinking in my mind.
Earlier in the day I had seen a demotivater. I thought it was funny at the time, but seeing the back of that van made it exquisitely funny.
And THIS, is what I was laughing about.
And later....I found this one. It's the sequel.
They finally understood why I was laughing like a hyena in the backseat. And they suddenly turned into my little laughing hyena minions. And the girl driving almost crashed the car. And I almost peed my pants. From laughing...not from the almost crash.

And yes. Last time I checked...Vagina's were not clown cars.

No comments: