I wonder about blog links. Some are very straight forward. Like mindycro. Others have a specific meaning. Like mommystorytime. Each one unique. Each one having a meaning to the person who created it. Whether it be a name, a couple name, nickname, meaning.
I believe mine is unique. I believe...that mine has meaning.
One night, many years ago...I saw a movie that had a line in it that changed my life. I was sick. I had to be home in bed for a long time. This was nothing I had planned. But even though I never thought it would, these lines were meant to change my life.
"We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet. I mean, what does any one life mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things...all of it, all the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed, because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed, because I will be your witness.'"
Do you get it?
My blog link isn't about me. It was never meant to be. I am trying, every day, to be a person who can be a witness to the lives around me. Friendship and marriage. It's not the same. Friendship
And yet, they are very similar.
It is rare that I have someone come to me for help anymore. Or to listen to a problem. This is something I regret, because I used to be the kind of person that it would be natural to go to.
I didn't mind helping out on relationship advice, even though I had absolutely no personal experience to base it on.
I didn't mind helping out on big decisions, even though mine were totally different.
There are a few things to say about me though. I am a good listener. And I do not get uncomfortable if there is nothing to say. I am very good at just, being.
And I, I will be your witness.
So. I have one question for you.
Shall we dance?
1 comment:
you're just great. i like you a lot. i'd love to tell you about my lame problems. ha... :)
Post a Comment