Just re-watched the Grey's Anatomy where Alex and Izzie get married. Could NOT stop crying. Curse you season 5 and all your crying!
I've said this before, but I cannot imagine marrying someone and not knowing that you would be able to be with them forever.
![]() |
Can't you see the difference?
Alex and Izzie...they had a wedding. A beautiful wedding.
My friend Jeannie and her boy. They have a marriage. A marriage that will last forever. Because they were married in the right place, in the right time, by the right authority. And because they both love the Lord.
There is no reason ANYONE should want to look like Alex and Izzie when they can have everything that goes into an eternal marriage. (Jeannie and Stephen. Jason and Jen. Katie and Cameron.)
I cannot imagine bringing children into this world, in a marriage, and not knowing that I would be able to have them in my family forever. That even if they died, I would get to raise them later on.
I do not know how people lose parents, spouses, children, friends....and not know that there is a life after this. That there IS a plan.
I cannot imagine going through this life not knowing that I am a daughter of God. That He knows me and loves me personally.
But I can imagine it. I can imagine it just enough. I have just enough life experience to know that there are people out there. There are people out there who do.not.know. There are people prepared for me.
I cannot imagine having a life wherein I did not serve a mission. And I cannot wait.
There is a God. Of that I am steadfast and sure. I am here, on this earth, to receive a body and to learn how to become like my Father in Heaven. To make mistakes...and to turn them into strengths. I am a daughter of that same God. I am part of an eternal family. I am going to be like my Father in the future. I have a big brother who paid for all my sins. I have a big brother who knew I was going to mess up time and time again. I have a big brother who did this because He loves me.
Jesus Christ lives. He is real. Of this I am sure.
I know a person can come closer to God by reading the Book of Mormon. By earnestly praying. By serving others. And by spending time in the temple of the Lord.
If you are searching for peace. If you are searching for happiness. If you feel lost, alone, scared, or maybe just want something MORE...but you can't place your finger on it....I know quite a few people that can help.
Let us do whatever is required to qualify for the Holy Ghost as our companion. And then let us go forward fearlessly, that we will be given the powers to do whatever the Lord calls us to do.
-Henry B. Eyring
Ashley loves you.


3 comments:
Don't be ashamed for crying during Grey's Anatomy, I did too.... but please keep that on the down low....:)
Ashley you are amazing! Just thought I'd let you know :)
My lips are sealed Emily. I can't even remember what we were talking about. :)
And thanks Fiery Phoenix.
Post a Comment