One year ago.
I became more me. And the temple became more of my home.
Right now I'm typing my thoughts, but last year...this is not what I was doing. I'm pretty sure I was doing my nails, reading, taking a bath...basically everything I could think of to try and relax before I had to try and go to sleep. If I could go back in time to tell past Ashley a few things...I wouldn't tell her a single thing. Because it was perfect.
But, I would tell my fellow lady friends a few things to keep in mind while they're preparing to go through the temple.
Pre-pre-before you go:
- Temple prep-duh. I made some great friends in temple prep, hopefully ones that will last a lifetime. This is a good chance for you to ask basic questions about the temple.
- Do Baptisms. LOTS of them. So many of them, on such a regular basis, that you feel like a temple fish. Trust me on this one.
- While being a temple fish, go at the same time every week. Make it habitual.
- Make friends with the temple workers, especially the elderly ones that light up when they see you. Eternal friends will you make.
- Read Al Carraway's blog on what-you-should-know before going through the temple.
Pre-before you go:
- Make your appointment for the date and time for the temple.
- Buy a beautiful temple dress. One that makes you feel elegant.
- Go with your mom, sister, best friend that will help you buy the rest of your temple clothing.
- ASK your friends which kinds of fabrics and cuts they like. Again, trust me.
Before you go (day of or night before)
- relax
- do your nails-if that's your thing
- listen to Daniel Beck or the Piano Guys Hymns
- relax
- smile
Going:
- Enjoy.
- Feel.
- Look up.
It just gets more simple the closer you get to the temple. And that's how it always is if you set your life up the right way.
Don't wait to make the temple a priority. Because in a blink, it will be next year...and it could have been a year filled with temples, friends, life, and so much love from both sides of the veil.
XOXO-A

No comments:
Post a Comment