So many posts I've seen over the past few months have been saying such things as 2016 needs to just be over, 2016 has been the worst year ever, 2016 go home you're drunk, 2016 why you take all our celebrities, 2016 has no chill.
And every time I see a post or comment along those lines, my thoughts are drawn to the following.
Twenty-sixteen has been the best year of my life.
I got into Nursing school. And not just any nursing school, the one I wanted the very most. The one that is one of the most competitive and hard to get into in the state. And I'm doing well.
I passed Microbiology.
None of my immediate family members died, lost limbs, or are missing.
The most beautiful baby was born to my best friend. #lucysashley
I got to go to the temple every month (at least).
I went on not one, not two, but three dates.
I didn't get in a car crash, my car runs well, and I haven't had to buy a new one.
I am debt free.
My parents are still married and I was born into their marriage that will last for eternity.
None of my friends committed suicide.
I have a job that I love, that helps pay for school, and I like the people I work with.
I always have enough to eat, a warm house to live in, multiple ways to communicate with loved ones around the globe, and instant access to the Google or iMDB wherever I need it.
I haven't had to have any surgeries, no broken bones, and no debilitating illness has taken over my life.
Heavenly Father has blessed me with three callings that have challenged me, pushed me, and helped me see God's hand in ways that I wouldn't have otherwise.
I GOT TO TRAVEL OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY AND GO TO MEXICO. From this trip I have a lasting familia. And from this trip I was able to check off two bucket list items. Travel to another country...and ride a horse on a beach.
I saw Newsies live.
Our lifeguard team took FIRST in state at lifeguard games.
I went to a RSL game on my birthday with some of the people I love the most.
I took a road trip with my best friend.
I discovered macaroons.
I met Al Carraway and Chris Wingert in the SAME WEEKEND.
I went to my first Grizzlies game.
I got to go on the Bridal Tour of the Provo City Center Temple on Valentine's day with two of my favorite people.
I got to see Maroon 5 live.
Michael Phelps at the Rio Olympics.
Team USA Women's Gymnastics at the Olympics.
Supernatural got renewed for it's 12th season.
I dyed my hair pink.
We took family pictures for the first time in a LONG time.
2 Sessions of General Conference.
We successfully surprised my mom with a birthday party she won't soon forget.
The life-changing #LDSFace2Face with Elder Holland. "If you are ever in the dark of the night, and if your night seems to go on for more than one night, and then on through the day, and then for weeks at a time...I promise you in the name of the Lord that the sun (son) will come up. That darkness will flee. That hope will return. That you will be happy again. That Christ is the Bright and Morning Star." -Elder Holland
Spent a soul recharging weekend with my soul friend Shan in my soul city St. George.
Wingert came back to RSL.
Went to the Lehi Rodeo.
Jeannie and I did Paint Nite!
Ice Castles with the brother.
Learned how to use the snip tool on Windows.
Baby Sadie, Baby Rory, and Baby Dean made their appearances into our growing friends family.
I got my CNA.
I found a dry shampoo I love.
I found my nursing twin Olivia and we spent all semester together.
I moved to my home ward and LOVE it.
There is always good. It is all around. God is always there. Look for Him. You will find what you are looking for.
XOXO
-A










No comments:
Post a Comment