Here it goes again. Going through life, you are doomed in a sense...to be around the same kinds of people. Fitting in with them comes naturally. Like going to your favorite place and knowing...that is where the comfort zone is. That is where the sense of peace, belonging and loving comes. Through every new experience, especially where a lot of people are involved, these people tend to gravitate towards each other. Not even seeking each other out they are drawn to a place where they are looking for this peace...to fit in. To be someone to other people. Why is it that once we have found a comfort zone, do we never move on to a different group of people? We are separated into "cliques" and must stay with them forever?
Are we afraid to try new things, to meet new people...to become something different?
To this, I do not know the answer. I think it is done unconsciously when we seem to gravitate towards things and people to which we already have a knowledge of.
And so, I have had one of these experiences today. One of those moments where everything starts falling back into place. Walking into the echoing room, feeling the smell overwhelm me and seeing the pristine water just feet from me...I was able to recognize where something had been missing in my life. Sure I had spent the last few months around it all day, every day, but had not be engaging. Had been missing out on one of the things that had, and will always be, my passion.
I am sore, I smell of chlorine, my hair is now dry but wavy from neglect....but I can see this part of me resurfacing. Seeing something that I love so much coming back into my life and realizing that this is where I belong. On a team, working and praying for something that will better myself and others around me. Making myself a better person and helping others do the same.
And that is where the power comes in. Turning your life over to the Lord.....is life changing. Having Him take over and showing you things you couldn't even dream of, humbles you and shows you that He really is there. And isn't going to leave. That HE is looking out for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment