Twice a year, during one of the sessions of General Conference, I go through my room and throw out lots and lots of things that are cluttering my life. This year....it was two gigantic garbage bags full of crap.
BUT, while I'm going through purging my stuff...I run into things that I forgot I have written down. Some of them are from talks I have listened to. Some are from songs that mean a lot to me.
There's not really an order. When I want to write something down, I just grab the nearest pen and paper and start writing away.
And so, the summary of my spring cleaning.
Children of Eden,
where is our garden,
where is the innocence
we can't relclaim?
Once eyes are opened
Must those eyes harden?
Lost in the wilderness,
Must we remain?
Oh, my precious children,
If you think of us
try not to blame us.
We were just human,
to error prone.
Children of Eden,
you will reclaim us
you and your children
to come someday
you'll come home.
~Children of Eden~
Don't be a coward, fearful and week
Be the last one to quit, and the first one to speak
Don't hide your face from the light of day
Be courageous in life and stay that way
No need to run from your trials, troubles and problems
Have confidence in your step as you reflect how to solve them
Yet, if you happen to fall, don't lie there and die
Get up without a thought, and hold your head up high
Be wise, courageous, bold and brave
And life will be worth living, from your birth to your grave.
~Overcoming Obstacles-Jereme Durkin~
The proud depend upon the world to tell them whether they have value or not. Their self esteem is determined by where they are judged to be on the ladders of worldly success. If we love God, do His will and fear His judgment more than mens, we will have self esteem.
~Ezra Taft Benson~
Every man gives his life for what he believes. Every woman gives her life for what she believes. Sometimes people believe in little or nothing. Nevertheless, they give up their lives to that little or nothing.
~Curtis Jacobs~
One life is all we have and we live is as we believe in living it and then it's gone. But to surrender what you are and live without belief is more terrible than dying. More terrible than dying young.
~Joan of Arc~





No comments:
Post a Comment