Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1+1=1

Sometimes I get in the mood to write. Just write. That's it. I write from my soul. From what I'm experiencing, what I'm learning, what I'm feeling. The hardest part for me is figuring out what to focus on. I just have so many things bouncing around in my head that I can't get them straight. And I think this is a sort of therapy for me.

I have been thinking a lot about eternity. About the temple. About the ones I will spend forever with and how I might accomplish certain things. The play My Turn On Earth has come to mind a lot. As well as Saturday's Warrior. Especially Saturday's warrior. A couple lines from that play are some of my favorite in the whole world.

"Who are these children coming down? Coming down like gentle rain through darkened skies. With glory trailing from their feet as they go. With endless promise in their eyes."
And...
"Brace me up. Don't put me down. Make me feel like I'm as good as another."

And from My Turn on Earth.
"Where on earth can I find heaven? Is there any place to go? Where on earth can I find heaven...I miss it so..."

So I go on. Writing my little feelings down on some paper. And to me, they are precious. They are mine. And I will share this one with you.

1+1=1
We.
The chosen generation.
Leaving Kolob trailing clouds of glory.
We the valient. We the brave. We the loved.
Brand new! Scrunching down to fit our tiny bodies.
We knew everything. But hadn't experienced our knowledge.
The Veil.
Growing. Twisting. Yearning. Searching.
Working out our own salvation is not the task we thought it would be.
Infant. Child. Teenager. Adult.
Mistakes.
So many mistakes. Regret. Loneliness. Hurt. Helplessness. Fear.
Brace me up!
We think we're the only ones struggling.
The only ones who know how it feels
But really, there's a club.
A gigantic secret club.
Bad things. Hard things. They won't stop coming. But going them alone really would be unbearable.
Lay your burdens at the door. Enter the House of the Lord. Experience. eternity for a short while.
Be equal. Forget.
Be Happy.
Exquisitly happy.
When we leave, I will help carry your burden. I will look at you with more love. More understanding.
A smile.
A hug. A kiss. A wish.
We finally see each other. The Veil is still drawn. But we SEE.
We know
We love.
Because you. You belong.
You be belong right here.
With me.
That trail we created of clouds and glory? It's still following me. It's still following you.
But there are others. Some are very similar. But some, some have dimmed.
Some are waning.
Some are just about gone.
But we, we are bright. We will light the way. We will stop and lend a hand. A shoulder.
We will carry these ones with us.

Someday, in the distant future, we can look back at our trail.
But not now.
Now we must continue on. Always forward.
We shall go hand in hand.
Side by side.
Til this task is completed.

But one last question...will you and me, be a we?

No comments: