Wednesday, November 10, 2010

DON'T READ THIS POST!! Okay, Do. Cuz It Will Change Your Life.

After my obsession with Friends and The Office ended, I suddenly found myself showless. NO bueno. Thank goodness Netflix loves me and has dozens of shows at my disposal. I'm seriously addicted. Oh and ps, all the "experts" on computers and such are saying that Netflix is going to crash the internet because everyone is streaming so many movies. I have one thing to say to them. Y2K.
I digress.
SO, I was in serious need of another show to get into. And guess what. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is on instant play. I missed that whole era of Buffy as a kid, so I figured what better time than the present to make up for lost time. But then, I met Angel. Which introduced me to David Boreanaz. (Who is FFFIIINNNEEEEEEEE!!) Which led me to BONES!!!!!
And that was then end of it. So much for trying to catch up on things I missed as a child. They will always be there. But I'm missing current seasons of Bones whilst I am trying to catch up. The logic is just overwhelming. I think my new found interest in anything medical also helped the case for the Buffy vs. Bones trial. Bones blew Buffy out of the water. And I am totally okay with it.
So this is the chain of events. Buckle up.
  • Sometime in 2009-Ashley gets Netflix
  • Sometime after that first time in 2009-Ashley gets the series of Friends
  • August 2010-Ashley finishes Friends
  • Late August 2010-Ashley starts school which includes an EMT class
  • Early September 2010-Ashley discovers The Office
  • Early October 2010-Ashley finishes The Office and starts watching the current season
  • Middlish October 2010-Ashley starts Buffy The Vampire Slayer
  • 1 Day Later, October 2010-Ashley meets Angel on Buffy
  • 2 Days Later, October 2010-Ashley watches the first episode of Bones
  • November 8, 2010-Ashley finishes the 1st season of Bones.
  • November 10, 2010-Ashley writes an awesome blog about Bones and everyone loves it
Yes. This just proves I'm addicted to awesome shows. And I know you're jealous. Because of my addiction, my schoolwork often gets pushed back. But who would want to do ANY homework when you can look at David Boreanaz, Matthew Perry, and John Krasinski? Come on. Seriously. There's NO WAY homework wins out over those three.
Also, Bones has provided me with some new favorite songs. They are from "The Skull in the Desert" and "The Girl With The Graft".
The one from "The Skull in the Desert" is by Patty Griffin called Rain.
The next three are from "The Girl With The Graft". See The Sun by Pete Murray. Born by Over the Rhine. And I already LOVE Imogen Heap and Frou Frou. And they used one of my favorite songs on this episode. It's called The Dumbing Down Of Love by Frou Frou. I love how they use music like this on the show. It really makes it personal for me. And gives me awesome new artists for me to stalk. :D
And all four of these songs, are unbelievably amazing.


Now, go watch Bones. And love it. 
 

3 comments:

Mindy Cro said...

BONES IS MY FAVORITE EVER!!! I discovered it on Netflix (god bless netflix) in Septemeber. and I've watched every episode. it gets depressing once you catch up to the current season. but seriously. david is ATTRACTIVE. and i LOVE emily deschanel. i named my hard drive after her.

Unknown said...

I seriously love Bones. I caught it on tv when they were playing a marathon and loved it... but I havent watched it since. I need to. So good

Jeannie said...

Bones is my favorite. I've watched it since it first started,, and let me tell you.... This season has made me want to cry! But it's worth it. :)