Friday, March 11, 2011

My Jaunt About Utah County

*Person Reference. Kelsey: 20. High school friend. Works at pool w/me. Jenny: 21. High school friend. We hang out whenever she's home. Mindy: 23. An awesome person to know. Alex: 16. Jenny's little brother. Works at pool. Emmie: 13. Jenny's little sister. Worked with her at pool. Ken: 18. A guy from work. Devon: 19. A guy from work. Jessica: 20. High school friend. Jessica 2 & 3: 20's. Jessica's roommates. Trevor: 21. Creepy stuck up kid from high school that nobody likes.

Tuesday night was one word. Epic. Soo many things happened. It all started with Kelsey and Jenny. You see, on the Saturday night before, we had done tie dye, henna, made Marriage Material cookies, went hot tubbing, and watched King Arthur. So OBVIOUSLY we had to get back together again to wash out the tie dye and show off our henna. Which, we did.
Henna=Awesome
Tie Dye=Awesome
Us=Awesome
Get the picture? No? Here's an example.
We are being smart this year for festival of colors. We wanted to get bandanas with faces on them so we don't die from chalk inhalation...but that wasn't going to work out so well. This is one of those seriously awesome ones that we made. We made this especially for Mindy. : )

After spending time tormenting Alex, and explaining to Emmie what two functions of the heart were (Pumps blood. Keeps you alive.), we decided to run down to Provo to get some delish cupcakes.
Whilst driving, Kelsey was telling me about the wonderful things that happened at work that day. Which wasn't very much. And then, while talking about Devon says, "He violated my bun again today." The whole story is very amusing, but too long to write down. But basically, Ken and Devon seem to think that when Kelsey wears her hair in a bun to work that it's "theirs" and they fight over it. It's quite amusing.
Back to cupcakes.
The Cocoa Bean is pretty much the best place to get cupcakes in Provo or Rexburg. In Rexburg, well...it's the ONLY place to get cupcakes. So it's a good thing they're really freaking good.
WARNING: After looking at the below picture, your mouth may begin to water and you will have the sudden urge to jump in your car and drive like a maniac to get to Provo. Then you will realize you don't know where you're going and will call me relentlessly until I tell you how to get there. Can I just say something first.
DON'T!
Why not? 1. You should probably stop slobbering first and read the rest of my blog. It gets better. 2. Driving like a maniac is fun, but highly dangerous. People tend to say mean things at you and give you rude hand gestures. 3. It is my job as an EMT to advise against dangerous things. 4. I will be busy when you call. 5. Here's how to get there. And more pictures for you to salivate over. You might want some napkins now...
Upper left: Jenny with a Raspberry Chocolate something. Upper right: Kelsey sporting a Snickers. Bottom: Me accessorizing with a Grasshopper. Shuh-bam.
And did you know, they deliver to the MTC. So when I'm there...ya know.
Halfway through our chocolatey ambrosia, we realize that Jessica lives about five min away and that we really should have invited her. But...we didn't. Cuz we were so focused on getting to the Cocoa Bean as fast as possible. 
It's okay though. We called and told her we were coming. And then got directions. She was cool with it.
And then the GREATEST thing happened. We walked into her apartment and right away, my spidey senses started tingling. Not really. I don't have spidey senses. But I have a hyper awareness of those little kid letters or word magnets that like to hang out a fridges. You know the ones. So as we walk in, I zero in on these things like a bird on a worm. Jessica was giving me a hug which, in all actuality, I wanted. But at that point, I was just tolerating long enough for her to let go so I could get my hands on those glorious word magnets. It started out quite innocent. I swear. But then Kelsey came to join me, and it was all over. At that point, this is what I had come up with.
And then we found a better "my."
Next we tried a various amount of funny words such as mom, dad, boy...and settled on this one.
At this point, Kelsey and I are doing all we can to not fall on the floor cuz we're laughing so hard. It was one of those times where you're laughing so hard that it becomes silent and you just hear some wheezing and see very red faces. You know the kind. I'm pretty sure Jenny and Jessica were worried for our lives sanity.
We sure thought we were hilarious though.
After that, it went downhill surprisingly fast and we started getting dirty. Basically, we stopped taking pictures so that we could breathe.
Next came the, "can we see your room and bug your roommates" time. Which, we totally did. And I found out that Jessica's roommate Jessica (yeah, you heard me right.) and I knew each other from a past life. Okay, from middle school ish. Small small world sometimes. Another thing that I have a hyper awareness for are whiteboard To Do lists. Jessica just doesn't understand the things that entertain me. So while Kelsey and Jenny were talking to Jessica about her room and color patterns and such, I was writing such things as "Learn how to play a nose whistle" on her To Do list. 
We finally decided that we had better leave Jessica's roommate Jessica alone so she could get some homework done.
GREAT idea. Cuz if we wouldn't have done that, this next part never would have happened.
It started out with us apologizing to our Jessica friend that we were sorry we didn't invite her to go to the Cocoa Bean with us.

Jessica: I've never had a Cocoa Bean cupcake.
Jenny: Well now we feel really bad for not inviting you. 
Kelsey: Now we're going to hell.
Ashley: Maybe they deliver.
Kelsey: Well if they deliver to the MTC, they probably don't deliver to hell.

Yes. we really are that cool.
Next, the conversation turned to Kelsey's half she was running and then in the same sentence, how she realized that she left her favorite chapstick in her pack at work. It was Modest is the Hottest chapstick. Which makes this next sentence totally make sense.

Kelsey: Modest is hottest. Except when you're running. Sometimes when you're running you just want to take your clothes off.

After THAT, we started asking things that normal people would ask. i.e. do you like living here, how are the roommates etc. But we only got through the first question. Jessica said she really liked living there, but that the walls were kinda thin. But that it came in handy sometimes. 
Do you GET at this point that we were all on a sugar high from the cupcakes and were super slap-happy? Anyway, after she said this, the first thing that popped into my mind was sitting on the can with an adjoining wall to the next apartments bathroom. So I cup my hands like you would while talking through a wall and say slowly and loudly, "Bring.Me.A.Plunger!"
While we're all trying to recover from that lovely hilarious image, Jessica's roommate with the real name of Megan or something comes out and stares for a second before saying hi and walking into the kitchen. She then proceeds to ask us, "Are you home from friends?" To which I immediately respond in an uncanny caveman voice, "ME HOME FROM FRIEND. BRING ME PLUNGER!" It was over. We were DYING.
After many more hilarious stories that vary from reading out loud a flyer for dateable guys, to covering yourself in paint and running into a wall, to doing those velcro walls and ending up upside down and only being able to move your head, feet and hands....we decided we needed to go.
We took Jenny home. That wasn't very eventful.
But THEN, we went to Wal-Mart. Kelsey had found this great parking spot, but right as we were about to get there this car speeds into it before we can. When Kelsey is driving and things like this happen, it is only logical that the first thing out of her mouth would be, "Jerkitty JERK Face!" 
So we stalk this guy into Wal-Mart, all the while calling him a Jerkitty Jerk Face. We lost him though. Our next main purpose of going into this store was to find some awesome word magnets to use in our lockers at work. But we got distracted by Tub Crayons and chips and salsa. Okay...I got distracted by tub crayons and chips and salsa. She just wanted a lock for her locker at work. So we were standing in the snackage isle, when over comes this kid we knew from high school with the name Trevor. I'm sorry, but whenever I think of the name Trevor, I think of a frog. Like from Harry Potter. Neither of us like this kid. We didn't like him in high school, and nothing has changed. But he's one of those people that is either too oblivious to notice that people don't like him or.....nope, that's it. Anyway, he FORCES hugs on us and then proceeds to ask us questions. Normal questions, but ones that are super awkward coming from him. Cuz you can tell he doesn't really care.

Trevor: So what have you been up to?
Ashley: We found tub crayons.
Kelsey: And a lock. But we're not gonna use them together.

THANK GOODNESS.
After that we scared him off pretty fast and made a run for the door. After paying for our tub crayons, lock, and chips and salsa first. Of course.
The drive back to my house was pretty uneventful. 
After she left, I decided to test out my tub crayons. About half an hour after she dropped me off, as I was just taking a picture of my tub crayon test run to send to her, I get this text.

Kelsey: Ashley, it's nights like tonight that make me think it's a good thing we don't drink...because if we did I'm pretty sure we'd be OUTTA CONTROL!
(I was already in the process of sending this picture)
Ashley: For REAL. But we'd sure have fun. And I'm pretty sure I'd end up saying, "bar-keep, beer me" all night long.
Kelsey: Yes to the bar keep and heck yes to the tub crayons.

Basically, I heart Kelsey. We have WAY too much fun together. But we rock.

Now you understand why at the beginning I said that Tuesday was EPIC. You should all go out and try something like this. But don't go into it with too high of expectations unless you take us with you : )

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

This blog post was way legit :P No but seriously it sounds like one of those nights where I wish I could have been there because it was so freaking awesome. And I want some tub crayons now.

Mindy Cro said...

Now I want to hang out with y'all way more than I have ever before. And thanks for tie dying that beautiful bandana for me! Oh, and I'm 24.... Don't worry... I lose count too! :)

Ashley Baugh said...

@jaimie-tub crayons are seriously the bomb. i think my brother and i are addicted. i should take a picture of our tub now...it's crazy!
@mindy-i'm REALLY excited that we get to hang out next weekend. your bandana looks freaking awesome. and i figured you were either 23 or 24. so i went with the lower one. but now it makes sense cuz i now remember that you are a year older than dan and i am a year younger than him. ta da!