I had been looking for a new job for awhile and had done a few interviews. I felt like they would go really well, but then I'd never hear back from any of them. Frustrating would be an understatement.
I particularly felt like one interview had gone really well, and from what they said at the end it really made me think that things would turn out well.
3 weeks later, nothing. I had given up on ever hearing back from anyone and was just emotional wreck. Waiting on the Lord's time is HARD! But worth it.
Then as I was going to pick up Stephanie to go to our LGI luncheon in Kearns for Lifeguard Games, I look at my phone and saw the little message symbol.
(This is now my favorite symbol.)
So, on my way to the pool, I check the message and it went something like this. Actually, it was exactly like this.
"Hi Ashley, this is Katie with ARUP Laboratories. Um, could you please give me a call at (insert phone number here)....I think I have something that you might want to hear about."
At this point I started freaking out.
So, I listen to the message again, get her number, park my truck in the parking lot of the Outdoor Pool, and call her back.
When I got on the phone with her, she checked that I had interviewed for a Phelbotomy job with their company, said that they really liked me, that I had really good references, and that they would like to offer me a job.
*Ashley starts crying*
She asked if I would like to accept the job, to which I choked out a, "YES!"
So, she gave me all this information of what I needed to do and when I needed to be where. I get off the phone and go inside to get Stephanie...just trying to keep myself together. Thankfully, she was ready to go, so I didn't have to go inside and take my sunglasses off. Cuz I hate it when people see me crying.
As we're walking back out to my truck, she asks how I'm doing. To which I reply, through a shaky voice and tears, "Actually, I'm kinda freaking out right now." Which immediately made her concerned. So, again, I choked out that I had been offered a job and that I was going to take it. At which point I had to stop walking and brace myself against a car so that I didn't fall down. I had to reassure her by, "I know I'm crying, but I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!" And then she started yelling her congrats and laughing. Honestly, I think I scared her a bit.
And she was the PERFECT first person to tell. Out of anyone that I currently work with, I relate the most with her. We've gone through very similar things with the pool job(s), so we get where each other is coming from. She was SO supportive and wonderful. I knew I could count on her to not say anything to anyone else until I had told my boss.
To say the least, I'm really going to miss her and my "babies" from the pool. I've trained the majority of the staff working here, and it's gonna be hard not really seeing them anymore. (I know people are gonna be mad if I don't name you by name and you read this...don't. You know who you are if I'm gonna miss you.)
I've grown so much from this job. I went from a lifeguard (who was part of the best staff EVER!), to a Swim Lesson Instructor, to Head Guard, Lifeguard Instructor, and then a Manager within 4 years. I am very grateful for the time I was able to spend here and prepare myself for...Life. It's just like Steph said in my lifeguard class, "Lifeguarding prepares you for real life." It truly does. I couldn't have asked for a better first job. No way did I think I would be here as long as I have been, but I don't regret it. (5 1/2 give or take)
My last day at the pool is July 31, 2012.
My first day as a Phlebotomist for ARUP at the University of Utah Hospital and Huntsman Cancer is August 6, 2012.
Yes. I will be a vampire. No, I will NOT sparkle.
:D
.ashley.
No comments:
Post a Comment