Every time someone asks me how I like it, the form of my answer pretty much goes like this.
"...........*give them a funny look*.......well................it's crazy. And good. And stressful. And crazy. But I like it. I think...........yeah."
I can't really go into my job. Especially on the internet. Even though I'm not one of those people that would go on and on about their job and say things that really shouldn't be said in a very public forum.
One of the greatest things about my job, so far, is that I work 7 days and then I get 7 days off.
I believe that the 7 days off in between will save me from going insane.
This first week off has been quite amazing.
Tuesday-Had my exit interview and completed training. Completed my first week in shift. Went to breakfast with Jana (my awesome training partner and shift buddy) at the Point restaurant at Huntsman. Went to see Step Up: Revolution with my mama. And then basically tried to stay awake as long as humanly possible so that I could transition back to daylighter.
Wednesday-Met with an Allstate insurance guy to get money for that person hitting my car. Which ROCKED by the way. Got almost half of my car paid off because of it. Went shooting with my cousin Danie. Yes, she kicked my butt. Then, later that night, went shooting again with Dad. Who also kicked my butt.
Thursday-Got Shellac for the first time...and am in Love with it. I definitely think that this will be a permanent thing. This was also the start of my I-just-got-paid-so-ima-spend-all-of-my-monies-because-I-finally-have-some-monies-to-spend. Aka...Maurices, ordered a new phone... Played with Jenny, Heather, and Ava. Bummed around Ikea and got to see Heather's NEW HOUSE! Went to sushi with Erin and made some amazing plans for the near future. Saw the biggest FULL rainbow that I've EVER seen. With a twin next to it. Also went to Old Navy and got some sweaters and continued to spend all of our monies.
<---The rainbow is coming out of her head.Friday-State Fair with Janell. They had Olympic High Divers! Like, think the circus. But awesomer. Cotton candy bigger than our heads, super cool art show, a turkey leg that probably weighed 10 lbs.
Saturday-Old Navy, Ross (where I got my freakin sweet turquoise Fossil watch), Seagull Book, Downeast. GREEK FESTIVAL!! Oh how I love the Greek Festival. I seriously look forward to it all year. I took my family with me this year so that they could see why I loved it so much. (Dad, Mom, Kyle, Macquel) They loved it too. Success. Washed my car and put some new vinyl on it. Went shooting AGAIN! Ahh....can't get enough of it. It seriously makes my life so much better. And then came home to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Which is something I had wanted to do the past couple of years after Greek...but never had the chance to.
<-----Kyle and Macquel.....kissing....I know right?!Sunday-Church, Family dinner, amazing CES fireside with Elder Holland. Best moment: Elder Holland yelling at us and telling us that, "You NEVER check your religion at the door!!"
Elder Holland: 1 Satan: 0
Monday (today)-Turned in my passport application. Went to the Brigham City Temple open house. On the way up and back, finished reading A Walk To Remember to mom. Got some amazing food in Sandy on the way home. It was Los .....something. Can't remember the real name. But it was delish!
Came home and got super upset because my phone wasn't here. Found out that we had missed the FedEx guy by 20 mins. But it was worth it going to the open house.Went to Hayley's and helped fulfill bridesmaid duties. Aka....go to the dollar store to get stuff for a birthday package for Apple, to the mall to get pretzel bites, and back to her apartment to make some paper flowers for her wedding.
Now....I sit here typing this, dreading the week that is before me. At the same time, I'm hopeful that this next week will go better because I know what to expect now. I'm getting better. And little, by ever so little, I am liking my job.
Here's to week 2.
Bring it. Transition back to professional vampire commencing in 3..2..1.
.ashley.
No comments:
Post a Comment