Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Love from India

*Last year, as one of my birthday presents, my mom had some of my close friends and family write personal notes for me. Almost all of which made me cry. And ALL of which were too personal to share on the internets. Jeannie's especially. I got mad at her. In a I-loved-it-but-I-hate-that-you-made-me-cry way. This year she continued it. All the way from India. Where she is melting from heat. She sent it to me on FB, and I didn't want to lose it, so here it is. There are many inside jokes, of which I won't explain. Just know, we're best friends....and this is the best present she could have given me.*

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. 24 was to be exact. For your 24th birthday!!!

  1. You are my person. Nuff said.
  2. You have me that I can trust friend with all of me. My good and my bad. My doubts and hurt and silliness and that some really won't judge me. You are a spakwing diamond of friends.
  3. You are hilarious. You make me laugh. Hard. And you understand what is actually funny.
  4. You have crazy, wonderful, awesome hair. Seriously, it's the best.
  5. You have excellent taste in music.
  6. Friends. Jackson. I mean Grey's. Cassandra Clare. Countless books and movies. You. Get. It.
  7. You are so protective and determined and brave for those you love. You stand up for them, even against themselves. You don't ever allow them to give up. You don't let them forget how special they are. You stand strong when they are weak. You have words when they have nothing. You are the person everyone wants on their side.
  8. Food. Oh the food! We make great food decisions together. From chex mix to Chubbys. You are the person who knows the best of food.
  9. You testimony. When I didn't have one I could lean on yours. It was solid and true and made it through all the rocky parts of your life. It was one I trusted.
  10. Gifts. You give the best gifts. You look at the person and see who the really are and give accordingly. I always look forward to what you will give me. And i have cherished every gift you have given me.
  11. Holy crap do you know how to listen! Best listening ears award goes to you. No judgment or unwanted advice. You are the best of the best. I love those ears, heart and mind of yours.
  12. We hate the same things (and people). I love to hate things with you.
  13. You are beautiful. Inside and out. But let's talk about out. Lips? Astounding. Eyes? Perfectly beautiful windows to your brave, kind and dauntless soul. Hair, We already talked about that. Now inside: You have beautiful guts.
  14. You know and stand your boundaries. You know how you should be treated and you don't let people treat you otherwise. This is a beautiful thing. You are so strong. You are a badass mother trucker who doesn't take no crap from nobody.
  15. You still believe in magic. I love it.
  16. You are forgiving. So very forgiving. Of me and my faults. Of others. And of yourself.
  17. If I ever need to hide a body, you'll be the first person I'll call. Also, if I need a getaway car.
  18. You stayed my friend for 11 years. Even when I didn't call, or cancelled plans and was a terrible friend. Even when I was trapped in my own depression and anxiety, or warped with selfishness. You stayed true. Always. You are constant. You have taught me how to be a good friend.
  19. You have gone through so much. And you have stayed strong. As you've struggled with health issues and everything else thrown at you. You stay strong. You keep your sense of humor. You still smile. You are a warrior.
  20. You let my cat sit on you and love one you, even when you don't like cats.
  21. Have I mentioned your sense of fashion?! From awesome and hilarious t-shirts to the best jewelry. You are uniquely, beautifully you.
  22. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22!!! I hear this song and think of you. I think of concerts and memories and food and fun. Always good memories.
  23. If I could have a parabati, it would be you.
  24. Because you are, above anything else YOU.
I wish I could be there to celebrate your birthday! We would get pedicures and eat food. Possibly go to a movie or watch one. We would laugh and talk and enjoy our time together jut like we do every time. Because you are my bestest friend. You are amazing!!!!
Please have a good day. You deserve it!
I took these pictures over the past little while because I so wished I could be there.
Let me know when you want to skype and I will make it work! I love you.
Happy birthday Ashley!!!
Love,
Your Person










Also, as I get on in years, my memory is starting to slip away. So I shall document the festivites that were my birthday weekend. It started with the end of Kyle's birthday, which included Tucano's and Animal Inside Out on Friday night. Saturday consisted of archery with Dad (upped my weight), How To Train Your Dragon 2, and a party with my friends. I have about 12 mosquito bites as proof that the mosquitos quite enjoyed the party as well. My friend Courtney made this KILLA fire cake too. 


I went into Sunday thinking, "Having your birthday on a Sunday when your Mormon is kinda lame." But as I was getting ready that morning, I had another thought that was along the lines of....this has the potential to be the best possible scenario for a birthday. Good things are going to happen today.
And they sure did.
Church-where I rocked a new outfit, some of us brought candy to eat during church, and I beat 2048 during RS. For those of you who don't know what 2048 is, it's a demon game that should be avoided at ALL COSTS. Once you start playing it, you will get sucked in and you'll play for what you think is five min...but no. It won't spit you out for HOURS. You won't have beaten it. You have gotten anywhere. Unless it's your birthday. And your sitting in church. Eating candy. Not paying attention...even though you should be. And when you win, TRY and contain your excitement to a barely audible gasp so that you don't disturb the people around you. Just speaking from experience. K thanks.

#winning

The USAvsPOR game where everything was going splendidly until Ronaldo came in during the last 20 seconds of stoppage time and ruined everything. But it was still GLORIOUS to be able to watch a US game on my birthday. 
Dinner was amazing. Made by my wonderful parents. Spaghetti Bolognese, Strawberry Spinach Salad, Macaroni Grill Bread, and Spicy Oatmeal Cake (thanks to Emily). 
Presents keep getting better as I get older. I got tickets to the Hale to see Mary Poppins with Kyle. MORE tickets to the Hale to see She Loves Me with Dad. And tickets to see Sutton FREAKING Foster with Mom at BYU when she comes later this year. 
After all of this splendidness, there was a special fireside that was being put on by someone from my home ward. Who is amazing. You might have heard of him. He goes by the name Daniel Beck. Look him up. Anyway, the fireside was great. He sang my all-time favorite song of his--had me in tears from the first 5 seconds. 
Not quite ugly cry tears,



 and not the perfect tear.



 But somewhere in the middle. Enough that my hands couldn't contain that moisture (haha...moist) and I had to ask Mom for a tissue.

To top it all off, Jeannie had promised me before she went to India that we could Skype on my birthday. That's really all I wanted to be honest. I didn't know if it would end up working out. But it DID! OH HAPPY DAY! Look at this wonderful face!




My fav. Birthday 24 was pretty darn awesome. I'm ready year 25.
-A

No comments: