It started out pretty well. I Bat Girled up and zoom zoomed on my way to work. In my Spockmobile.
All was well.
Until.
Thank you deer, for walking right out in front of me and totaling my Spockmobile. :'(
That deer. SO dead. Not how I envisioned taking out my first deer. This was more what I was thinking.
Ah well. The rest of the day was just kinda....meh. And...eh. With a side of...bleh.
I'm choosing to look at silver linings. I feel like that is a good use of brain power.
- I'm glad the deer totaled my car and just by car. And by that I mean I'm glad I'm not physically hurt other than being slightly sore.
- I'm glad the car following me wasn't tailing me like some other mornings.
- I'm glad I had the sense to get out of the way really fast so the car behind me didn't have any more of a chance to hit me.
- I'm glad that the deer, if it didn't die on impact, died very quickly afterward.
- I'm glad that I kept paying for comprehensive insurance...even though I really didn't want to. It's going to make my life a little less stressful in the coming days.
- I'm thankful for the outpouring of concern and love I felt through text and facebook...especially from people that I don't communicate with on a regular basis.
- I'm shocked, and happy, that my car is still driveable ish for the moment. And that the lights still work.....for the moment.
- I'm glad that the deer wasn't taller so that it didn't hit, or go through my windshield.
- I'm incredibly grateful for my coworkers that took over for me for the first little while after I got to work while my emotions got the better of me after the adrenaline wore off.
- I'm so glad my mama got me lunch saying, "Sometimes after a traumatic experience, you just need comfort food."
- I'm grateful I have parents around where I can call 20 seconds after I hit a deer, and they will answer and tell me what to do and give me advice.
- I'm glad my parents worked it out today so that I could use their car to get to school.
So while this seems like a Series of Unfortunate Events....maybe, just maybe, this is a Series of Fortunate Events. All starting with an unhappy Bat Girl and a very very dead deer.
RIP Deer.
-A


2 comments:
"After all, it's not really mine." That is a girl that gets it.
Love you, Ashley.
Ashley, I just discovered your blog, and I've just got say you. are. amazing! I especially adore this post... and the one before it... and the one before it... etc., etc., ....
Love you soooooo much and I love how your testimony shines for all the world to see!
You rock!
Post a Comment