I started school again this semester. And I have no car. Or money for gas...or a car. So, I have to ride the UTA buses to school and back every day. I am seriously grateful that I can do that. It saves me money and gives me a little time every day to read of book of my choosing. And the bus pass was only 20 bucks. For a whole year. YES!
But seriously. There are some creepers on the bus. Let me name 2.
Meet Accordion Creeper.
I shall paint a picture for you. SO, I was waiting at the bus stop at UVU one day and there was also this guy there. There are a lot of guys at that bus stop. But this guy really stood out. He was one of those guys that wear the really baggy clothes that are all black and are usually accompanied by a weird hat and scary glasses. All of that together, plus really long hair and beard and this guy stood out from the rest of the Happy Valley Mormons waiting to cram like sardines onto the 811.
Now I like to consider myself as a person who keeps an open mind about people. And just because this guy was talking really loud and looking really creeper-y doesn't necessarily make him a creeper. Until...he actually got on the bus.
When we were waiting for the bus, I noticed that he had a pretty big rectangular carrying case for something. I was picturing a mini cotton candy machine or circus peanut dispenser. You know...something I would carry with me. So I get on the Express bus and take up a whole two seats for myself (I hate sharing a bench with people I don't know) and settle myself in to read Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. Which is awesome by the by. As the bus starts going and I get submersed in Number 12 Grimmauld Place, I hear strange noises coming from a few seats behind me. It was the same guy. And did he have a mini cotton candy machine or circus peanut dispenser? NO. He did not. He had a freaking accordion with him. Which he proceeded to start playing, very loudly, in the back of the bus. I was appalled. How DARE he rip me away from Sirius and Snape almost having a duel in the kitchen! GAH! And then, to my utter astonishment, a guy stands up in the aisle and starts "dancing" to the music coming from the accordion.
So what did I do?
I turned up my iPod REALLY loud and pretended the world was normal. Which...it isn't.
Also,
Meet Fox Butt.
I don't know much about Anime. All I know is that in Jr. High everyone was obsessed with it and I hated it. Just on principle. And you had to read the books backward. No way, not me.
I do know enough about it to recognize an Anime freak when I see one though. And this day...was one of those days.
I was at the Transit Center in Orem waiting to catch another bus. Kinda the same as Accordion Creeper in appearance minus the shag-do and creeper beard. But this guy was seriously, most likely, clinically insane. No joke. This guy had sewn a real Fox Tail to the seat of his pants. Let me repeat that. He had a fox tail sewn to the seat of his pants. And...he smelled kinda weird. Maybe he didn't taxidermy the tail before sewing.
So I get on the bus to try and get far away from him...but nobody would sit by me and the bus was filling up quite rapidly by the time he got on. I my head, I was thinking "Please oh please oh please don't sit by me." It worked. He didn't. BUT, he sat a couple rows ahead of me and had to MOVE his tail to sit down.
Anime much?
Thank you Utah Transit Authority. Thank you for providing a means for creepy people to share the same space as me to get from place to place. And thank you for proving to me that chivalry really is dead when I have to stand the whole time.
1 comment:
I had to ride the bus for a couple semesters myself and I KNOW what you mean by creepers! That is HILARIOUS tho about the accordion guy and the guy with the tail. Definitely beats a boring car ride
Post a Comment