Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Year In Review 2013

I've said this in years past. I believe in an overload of pictures. One, because that means I don't have to type as much. Two, because I truly believe that a picture is worth a thousand words. At LEAST.

1. What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
Went to Portland and Seattle.

Made pies with Dad for Thanksgiving.



Painted.

Drew my own blood. Three times.
Tulip Festival

Had my first pedicure.


2. Did you keep your new years resolutions?
YES! Well, two of them at least.
We went to the beach while we were in Oregon.

And we went to Stadium of Fire for Mom's birthday/Mother's Day present from yours truly.



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Hayley had her cutie pie Sam.
Cami and her Isabelle
Jennifer and Jason had their crazy pants smiley Marley

4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope.

5. What countries did you visit? If only USA, where was the best place you visited?
Portland, Oregon
Seattle, Washington

6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
More time with my bow. I said this last year, but I never seem to log as many hours as I want.

7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day Paul Walker died :( Because he DIED!
The day I went on a Ferry Boat ride in Seattle. Because I'm obsessed with Grey's, and McDreamy is obsessed with ferry boats.

Britney came home! Jan 30, 2013. Because, she's one of my best friends, and I missed her so so so much.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Going to as many concerts as there are months in the year. And reading 26 books.

9. What was your best shopping discovery? Lush. Bath bombs!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Another bout of brain attack.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My kindle fire. Clockwork Princess. Chromebook.

12. What plays did you see in 2013?
Lend Me a Tenor- Absolutely hilarious. Very well done by HCTO. If you ever have the chance to see it, DO IT!
Into the Woods- Charming. Would see again.
Urinetown- I....HATED....this play. Like a lot. I will never ever ever see this play again. Ever.
Guys and Dolls- Love love this play mucho. Every time I see it, I fall in love with it all over again. Once more, hats off to HCTO.
Prisoner of War
Dr U- A spoof of Dr. Who. Jenny, Tiffany, and I did this for a culture night. ARGH! It was absolutely awful. I wish I could get those hours of my life back.
Next to Normal- Tough subject material. Not my kind of play. Will never see this one again. 

13. Crafts done in 2013.




   
Sushi for Jen's baby shower.

Jenny and I made Tiffany a diaper wreath for her baby shower.


14. Where did most of your money go? Concerts. Books. Gas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Every concert I went to. Vacation.

16. What song will always remind you of 2013? Ho, Hey by The Lumineers

17. Some of your new favorite foods from 2013? Thai food, chocolate pandas

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Blogging. There's a lot from this year that I don't remember as well as I would like. And if not blogging, then writing down memories somewhere. And, taking more pictures of people.

19. Best new restaurant discovery? The Smoking Apple, Thai Evergreen

20. How did you spend Christmas? Slept in, opened presents, saw The Hobbit, made an amazing Prime Rib dinner, and spent a lot of time as a family.

21. Best video(s) from 2013?






22. Did you fall in love in 2013? No

23. Who that was close to you got married? Nobody really close to me got married. 

24. What was your favorite TV program? Once Upon a Time, Vampire Diaries, Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, How I Met Your Mother, Arrow, Bones, Alias, Nikita, Supernatural.

25. Did you go to any concerts?
George Strait w/Erin



Taylor Swift w/Jeannie


Tim McGraw w/Britney, Keyla, and Lisa.


Kelly Clarkson w/Mom, Dad, Kyle as part of Stadium of Fire

Josh Turner w/Britney for my birthday!


Parachute w/Kellie


His boots were AWESOME.


The Lumineers w/Jeannie, Stephen, and Evan

Imagine Dragons x2 w/Keyla for the first time and Kellie the second time
ESA

Weber State

Allred & Vanladylove & Luna Lune w/Britney




Josh Groban w/Jeannie



Michael Buble w/Mom




26. What was the best book you read? The Fault in Our Stars, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Clockwork Princess, and easily the best of the best this year was Grave Mercy.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ellie Goulding, Matt Kearney, Ben Rector

28. Where did you work in 2013? The Legacy Center, Central Utah Clinic, and the Riverton hospital.



29. Quote a song lyric that sums up the year.
We're better off the sooner that we find
That life is mostly what we choose to see
'Cause whether or not I've got what I want
Life keeps moving on in front of me. -Ben Rector "Life Keeps Moving On"

30. What was your favorite film of the year? Thor 2, Catching Fire, Iron Man 3, Star Trek: Into Darkness, The Internship, Fast and the Furious 6, Safe Haven

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 23. Got pedis with my person Jeannie. As well as ate some awesome Texas. Went to the Cheesecake Factory for the first time the day after my birthday with Erin and Jess Jess.



32. What are some of your favorite personal hairstyles? Big waves, braids, messy buns, sock buns.



                                   


33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Classy, Comfy, Fab. Same as always!

34. What kept you sane? Olan Rogers Youtube Videos.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Guy-TOM HIDDLESTON
Girl-Jennifer Lawrence

I have an unhealthy obsession with both of them.

36. What is the nicest thing someone did for you this year?
Heather got me Tim Tams for Christmas!


37. Who did you miss? Kelsey.

38.Who was the best new person you met? I'm gonna count this because it was close to the beginning of last year and I really got to know her this year.
Megan Horspool. The bombest receptionist ever.

39. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Don't let my mistakes define me.

40. What are some things you want to remember about 2013?
Jenny and I started our monthly Culture Nights which have been a smashing success.
Gardner Village

Greek Festival


We had our 3nd Annual Memorial Day Weekend Tea.
Went to the Greek Festival for the 4th year in a row.


I bought tulips for myself because I wanted flowers. And they were absolutely divine.

We made an all green dinner for St. Patrick's day.


Dad woke up super early on Valentine's Day and made me (and mom) chocolate dipped strawberries that could have been professional.
I went to the state fair with Keyla and Britney.



New Years Resolutions
Use my passport.
Go to the beach.
Blog once a month. (At least)
Be awesome.

Past years Year In Blogs




No comments: